Sunday, January 9, 2011

Brown Bag Carmel Corn





Anyone purchased a box of store bought carmel corn lately?  I don't know about you but I can't let go of a five dollar bill to satisfy my sweet tooth. Thought I'd share this great carmel corn recipe that a young 4-Her used in a demonstration  years ago. We've enjoyed it many times. 

1/4 cup white syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter or margarine
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp soda
3-4 quarts popped corn
Bring syrup, sugar, butter and salt to boil.  Boil for two minutes stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and add soda.  Stir well.
Put popped corn in a large brown paper sack.  Pour cooked mixture over corn and shake well. Place in microwave on high for about 1 1/2 minutes.  Remove and shake well.  Return to microwave for another 1 1/2 minutes. Remove and shake well again. Pour out onto wax paper to cool. When cooled break apart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

An Adventure?

I love to share...my stuff, my money, experiences, my faith and love of God and much much more. I don't mind opening up my home, my lif...