Sunday, April 21, 2024

An Adventure?

I love to share...my stuff, my money, experiences, my faith and love of God and much much more. I don't mind opening up my home, my life and what happens on our ranch. I love to write about it, photograph it and shout it to the world. A lady commented on my Facebook page recently that she would would love to be a part of my adventures. While I love sharing the exciting part I've been pretty closed with my personal life. If you follow me on FB you know I don't wish any family member Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary or much of any other special day. And my poor FB friends get zilch. I just don't do it. I'm afraid I'll leave someone out. With an "immediate family" that has grown to well over 25 I could spend each day wishing one of them a special something...a birthday, an aniversary etc. You get the picture. I love them, they know it and that's enough. We celebrate in mass; March mass, April mass etc. It's a simple way to cover them all. Back to sharing my life adventures. I was blessed to live a Pollyanna kind of life and I've always been turned towards that kind of outlook. I'm gullible to a fault. But that doesn't mean I don't calculate cautions. I usually study the cost of my decisions. That wasn't always true, but as I matured, I began to do a lot of situational awareness. So back to the lady that envied my adventures, painful and heartwrenching is the only way I can describe this one. I call it an adventure because you never know where it will take you. This 25 year adventure has been full of surprises. The Addiction Alcoholism Adventure is radical. It's exciting and full of surprises in a "what's next" kind of way. It's full of highs and lows; wins and losses. Roller coasters don't hold a candle. Decisions on how to manuever the next surprise keeps this adventure intense. The realization that controlling this adventure is futile. prayers are constant and faith is continually deepened. So to the sweet Facebook friend who wanted to share my adventures, this one will need to be added on the itenerary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Adventure?

I love to share...my stuff, my money, experiences, my faith and love of God and much much more. I don't mind opening up my home, my lif...