Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Another Side

 Behind Ag's Green Mask Dewey County Record  August 16, 2017
                                                                     
Thought I would shift gears this week, I decided to share my constructive side because I do other things besides fight “sustainability- triple bottom line promoting-continuous improvement” bad guys. For several years I’ve had the opportunity to serve on both the OK GOP executive committee and the Agriculture Enhancement Diversification Board. I did not seek out these positions but somehow ended up on both.  Both boards met this week and truthfully it's something I dread a bit. Actually it's been good, it pulls me out of my rural comfort zone and into an urban setting forcing me to dress up and behave like a lady.
The OK GOP executive committee consist of our Governor, Republican chair and vice chairs, national committee chairwoman and chairman, legislators, county and district chairs and vice chairs (I serve the third congressional district-Frank Lucas’ district- as vice chair). This position has forced me to understand the political process, I’m still on a steep learning curve but try to absorb as much as I can each time we meet. We address problems within the party, budgets, new programs, upcoming elections etc. I admire and learn all I can from these good people in this powerful group. I have to say  this week it paid that I attended, if not, Agriculture would have been omitted from the Republican Oklahoma Solutions program which allows Oklahomans input on issues and opportunity to provide solutions within different areas of concern within our state such as Health Care, Education, Business etc.
The AEDB board allows citizens from across the state to apply for a grant or loan to enhance an agriculture based idea or event. I have learned that we have a greatly diverse group of Oklahoma agriculturist who are very resourceful, talented and hardworking. It’s been humbling, exciting and inspirational to listen to their ideas and be a part of a process to help them advance those dreams.

I love Ag, I love Oklahoma and I’m learning to love politics...






  

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Adventure?

I love to share...my stuff, my money, experiences, my faith and love of God and much much more. I don't mind opening up my home, my lif...