Skip to main content

Be Patient

Bear with me as I shorten and move my newspaper articles to this blog. I will be honest- I hate to blog. I can never remember my password, when I write the stinking thing is so slow that I forgot what I was posting, I'm just not good at it and I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO MESS WITH IT. But here I am again giving it one more shot. I like FB but my thoughts get lost there so I must start blogging again. As I reread my past posts it's clear that once upon a time I did like to do it, I just think being an activist took center stage. I miss sharing recipes, funny stories, projects etc. Time has flown, I do know that. Anyway, I'm sharing my Dewey County Record articles here under Behind Ag's Green Mask, feel free to share this info far and wide. I am having trouble linking so that's going to be messed up for awhile and the image I keep referring to ...it's coming if I can figure it out. Have fun trying to gather my thoughts...
Andy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back In The Saddle...Almost

I’m back…for a while, barring I don’t slip on another tutu or fall over another tombstone.
The morning after Easter 5:45 a.m. to be exact, I slipped on a princess tutu and tore my rotator cuff. In June I had surgery and spent the summer going to physical therapy three times a week 60 miles away.In August my Grandmother Hazel passed away.She had lived a long, happy, successful, life.She was 96 years old and it was hard to say goodbye to one of my best friends.
My shoulder was on the mend, but at Grandma’s graveside service I fell over a tombstone.During the service I’d been watching near misses and worried about someone tripping over the one on my end of the tent.I didn’t realize there was another on the other end.Remember I have 10 grandkids, 7 of them under the age of 7.I had my hands full of water bottles, mine and theirs. As I hurried out of the tent to speak to some relatives I fell head, neck and face first over the tombstone my rear and high heels in the air and my mouth full of …

A Word to “Manufactured Crisis” Creators...

We can’t possibly feed nine billion people by 2050 or is it 2030 or 2020? Can we get our facts on this crisis straight?  I've listened as these numbers have changed for the past few years.  I got excited myself …OMG we can’t feed all of these people…the earth can’t sustain … we must do something…who will step in to fix this looming crisis?

 No need to fear, "The Mighty Global Roundtable on “SUSTAINABLE” Beef  along with third party auditors are here...plus a few more opportunists...and they have their tool kits near".

But where's the fire? Where are the long lines of concerned consumers demanding sustainable products?  Where's the crisis?  Oh that's right, it's not for 20-40 more years, but in the meantime  producer's ability to produce must be destroyed?  "And that's the plan to feed the 9 billion?"  That makes absolutely no sense at all.  But it might to those who want control.


Let’s take a closer look at the Global Roundtable for Sus…

Sweet Independence

I hope you've enjoyed your free weekend. I take so much free stuff for granted- the ability to enjoy my air conditioned home, electricity, my family, great food, ready transportation, a dish washer, washing machine and dryer ( I can't imagine living without them), so far I can attend the church of my choice, say pretty much whatever I want to say, keep my guns buy ammo for those guns all without fear of being molested---I said so far. It's up to us to keep this wonderfully awesome God given free stuff available for the next generation. I know in reality that nothing is free- someone had to pay. Today I am thanking the Lord for my forefathers and the time they set aside, the wisdom they possessed and the lives they gave that I might enjoy this day we call Independence Day.