Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cowboy Story Tellers Association of the Western Plains.

Board Members from left to right- Richard Jackson, Robert Klemme, President Ralph Chain (my dad), Secretary Joanna Peard, Martin Dick, Wayne Prewett, Roger Ringer, myself and Tad Hacker. 

This group of "Young and Old Timers" has been responsible for keeping a plethora of great stories alive for future generations to enjoy. The past 20 years the group has gathered at various locations across several states rich in history. They find a host from that area and enjoy a day of story telling, singing, poetry readings and always a great meal. 
It has been a group that I've "grown into".  Several years ago they were going to disband because the number of "empty saddles" was increasing.   I couldn't watch this small group of people who had once been numerous and virbrant fade away.  I spoke up and encouraged them to "keep on keeping on".  It worked...they decided to keep the group together- BUT- I came home that day with all of the finances in the trunk of my car and a new title...Treasurer. 
Once again member's numbers are increasing.  Today the group enjoys getting together bi-annually instead of quarterly.
A collection of the past newsletters is available from the group and contain stories such as, "The Wilmore Kidnapping by Bonnie and Clyde", "Kansas Ghost Tales" and "The Blue Northerner".
We are in the process of putting a website together, I will post its link as soon as we have it up and running.


No comments:

Post a Comment

An Adventure?

I love to share...my stuff, my money, experiences, my faith and love of God and much much more. I don't mind opening up my home, my lif...